The SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 SP4 kernel was updated to receive various security and bugfixes.
The following security bugs were fixed:
- CVE-2018-20669: Missing access control checks in ioctl of gpu/drm/i915
driver were fixed which might have lead to information leaks.
- CVE-2019-3459, CVE-2019-3460: The Bluetooth stack suffered from two
remote information leak vulnerabilities in the code that handles
incoming L2cap configuration packets (bsc#1120758).
- CVE-2019-3819: A flaw was found in the function hid_debug_events_read()
in drivers/hid/hid-debug.c file which may enter an infinite loop with
certain parameters passed from a userspace. A local privileged user
("root") can cause a system lock up and a denial of service.
- CVE-2019-6974: kvm_ioctl_create_device in virt/kvm/kvm_main.c mishandled
reference counting because of a race condition, leading to a
use-after-free (bnc#1124728 ).
- CVE-2019-7221: Fixed a use-after-free vulnerability in the KVM
hypervisor related to the emulation of a preemption timer, allowing an
guest user/process to crash the host kernel. (bsc#1124732).
- CVE-2019-7222: Fixed an information leakage in the KVM hypervisor
related to handling page fault exceptions, which allowed a guest
user/process to use this flaw to leak the host's stack memory contents
to a guest (bsc#1124735).
- CVE-2019-7308: kernel/bpf/verifier.c performed undesirable out-of-bounds
speculation on pointer arithmetic in various cases, including cases of
different branches with different state or limits to sanitize, leading
to side-channel attacks (bnc#1124055).
- CVE-2019-8912: af_alg_release() in crypto/af_alg.c neglects to set a
NULL value for a certain structure member, which leads to a
use-after-free in sockfs_setattr (bnc#1125907).
- CVE-2019-8980: A memory leak in the kernel_read_file function in
fs/exec.c allowed attackers to cause a denial of service (memory
consumption) by triggering vfs_read failures (bnc#1126209).
- CVE-2019-9213: expand_downwards in mm/mmap.c lacked a check for the mmap
minimum address, which made it easier for attackers to exploit kernel
NULL pointer dereferences on non-SMAP platforms. This is related to a
capability check for the wrong task (bnc#1128166).
- CVE-2019-2024: A use-after-free when disconnecting a source was fixed
which could lead to crashes. bnc#1129179).
For non-security bugs fixed, please refer to: