The SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 kernel was updated to receive various security and bugfixes.
The following security bugs were fixed:
- CVE-2018-20855: An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel In
create_qp_common in drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/qp.c,
mlx5_ib_create_qp_resp was never initialized, resulting in a leak of
stack memory to userspace(bsc#1143045).
- CVE-2019-1125: Exclude ATOMs from speculation through SWAPGS
- CVE-2019-14283: In the Linux kernel, set_geometry in
drivers/block/floppy.c did not validate the sect and head fields, as
demonstrated by an integer overflow and out-of-bounds read. It could be
triggered by an unprivileged local user when a floppy disk was inserted.
NOTE: QEMU creates the floppy device by default. (bnc#1143191)
- CVE-2019-11810: An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel A NULL
pointer dereference could occur when megasas_create_frame_pool() failed
in megasas_alloc_cmds() in drivers/scsi/megaraid/megaraid_sas_base.c.
This caused a Denial of Service, related to a use-after-free
- CVE-2019-13648: In the Linux kernel on the powerpc platform, when
hardware transactional memory was disabled, a local user could cause a
denial of service (TM Bad Thing exception and system crash) via a
sigreturn() system call that sent a crafted signal frame. (bnc#1142254)
- CVE-2019-13631: In parse_hid_report_descriptor in
drivers/input/tablet/gtco.c in the Linux kernel, a malicious USB device
could send an HID report that triggered an out-of-bounds write during
generation of debugging messages. (bnc#1142023)
The following non-security bugs were fixed: