The SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 SP4 kernel was updated to receive various
security and bugfixes.
The following security bugs were fixed:
- CVE-2022-39190: Fixed an issue that was discovered in
net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c and could cause a denial of service upon
binding to an already bound chain (bnc#1203117).
- CVE-2022-39188: Fixed race condition in include/asm-generic/tlb.h where
a device driver can free a page while it still has stale TLB entries
- CVE-2022-2663: Fixed an issue that was found in nf_conntrack_irc where
the message handling could be confused and incorrectly matches the
- CVE-2022-3078: Fixed a lack of check after calling vzalloc() and lack of
free after allocation in drivers/media/test-drivers/vidtv/vidtv_s302m.c
- CVE-2022-28356: Fixed a refcount leak bug that was found in
- CVE-2022-3028: Fixed race condition that was found in the IP framework
for transforming packets (XFRM subsystem) (bnc#1202898).
- CVE-2022-2905: Fixed tnum_range usage on array range checking for poke
descriptors (bsc#1202564, bsc#1202860).
- CVE-2022-2977: Fixed reference counting for struct tpm_chip
- CVE-2022-2938: Fixed a flaw that was found inside the Pressure Stall
Information implementation that could have been used to allow an
attacker to crash the system or have other memory-corruption side
- CVE-2022-28693: Fixed x86/speculation behavior by disabling RRSBA
- CVE-2021-33135: Fixed uncontrolled resource consumption inside Intel(R)
SGX that may have allowed an authenticated user to potentially enable
denial of service via local access (bnc#1199515).
- CVE-2022-2588: Fixed use-after-free in cls_route (bsc#1202096).
- CVE-2022-2959: Fixed a race condition that was found inside the watch
queue due to a missing lock in pipe_resize_ring() (bnc#1202681
- CVE-2022-36946: Fixed a denial of service (panic) inside nfqnl_mangle in
net/netfilter/nfnetlink_queue.c (bnc#1201940 bnc#1201941 bnc#1202312
- CVE-2021-4037: Fixed function logic vulnerability that allowed local
users to create files for the XFS file-system with an unintended group
ownership and with group execution and SGID permission bits set
- CVE-2022-2873: Fixed an out-of-bounds memory access flaw that was found
in iSMT SMBus host controller driver (bnc#1202558).
- CVE-2022-36879: Fixed an issue in xfrm_expand_policies in
net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c where a refcount could be dropped twice
- CVE-2022-20368: Fixed slab-out-of-bounds access in packet_recvmsg()
- CVE-2022-20369: Fixed out of bounds write in v4l2_m2m_querybuf of
- CVE-2016-3695: Fixed an issue inside the einj_error_inject function in
drivers/acpi/apei/einj.c that allowed users to simulate hardware errors
and consequently cause a denial of service (bnc#1023051).
- CVE-2022-2639: Fixed an integer coercion error that was found in the
openvswitch kernel module (bnc#1202154).
- CVE-2020-36516: Fixed an issue in the mixed IPID assignment method where
an attacker was able to inject data into or terminate a victim's TCP
- CVE-2022-32250: Fixed a privilege escalation issue in
net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c that allowed a local user to became root
The following non-security bugs were fixed: