Fairly far from lustre itself... Being used to tabbing into /proc/fs/lustre, with many files moving to various subdirectories of /sys the lctl set/get_param commands are really hard to use for me without completion.
I wrote bash completion for the *_param commands only to start with, will push to gerrit what I have right away.
- is there interest in general? If not, close this and will spare my time as well
- can we land some partial completion (e.g. right now the first level of tab works with --list-commands, but beyond that you're on your own except for params commands), or do we want something complete-ish from the start?
- if we start with lctl, what about lfs, lnetctl, etc etc etc...
- if we start with bash, what about zsh, fish, etc...
- should probably install to /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/<something>, but I'm a bit lost as to where to add this bit.
I personally don't care much - definitely won't help with other shell completions but I'd be happy to (slowly) add up other commands and update once in a while; the most critical for me really is set/get_param completion and I've set that up in our configuration management system so this is mostly freebies / possibly call for help to finish.